The 2018 School Calendar is published for the period January 2018 through January, 2019. Unscheduled closings are due to weather conditions. When such events occur, students are notified by a voice message and a text message via their cell-phone.
January: school opens, Monday (8th): Closed, Monday (15th): February: no closings:
March: school closed for Spring Break: (Monday 19th through Friday 23rd): April: no closings::
May: school closed Monday (28th): June: no closings: July: Closed, Wednesday (4th):
August: no closings: September: closed Monday (3rd), Monday (10th): October: no closings:
November: schools closed: Monday (19th) through Friday (23rd):
December: schools closed: Monday (24th) through Friday, January (4th) 2019
January 2019: school opens, Monday (8th).
- I-20 students are entitled to 1 weeks vacation for each three month in attendance.
- There is a mandatory attendance requirement of 18 hours per week, Monday through Thursday.
- Students have the option of attending one of the following programs: 8am-12:30pm or 6pm-10:30pm.
- Any unexcused absence must be made up hour for hour on Friday, 9am-2pm of the same week.
- Language Exchange has a rolling enrollment. New Students may begin class on any Monday during the school year.
- Language Exchange operates on a 12 month basis. Each ESL course requires 16 weeks of study.
- The ESL program provides studies in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking taught daily.
- Students are placed into a Course Level based upon the results of a Placement Test taken after registration. The Placement Test is available on Monday and Wednesday between 10:00am and 4pm. If these times and days are inconvenient, every effort is made to accommodate the student. Please call the Registrar for an appointment.
- Language Exchange provides the following ESL levels: Introduction, Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6a and 6b.