The 2020 School Calendar is published for the period January 2020 through January, 2021. Unscheduled closings are due to weather conditions. When such events occur, students are notified by a voice message and a text message via their cell-phone.
- January: School opens, Monday (7th): Closed, Monday (20th):
- February: Closed, Monday (17th):
- March: School closed for Spring Break: (Monday 23rd) through (Friday 27th):
- April: No closings::
- May: School closed Monday (25th):
- June: No closings:
- July: Closed, Thursday (4th):
- August: No closings:
- September: Closed Monday (7th)
- October: No Closings:
- November: Schools closed: Monday (11th), Wednesday (25th)through Friday (27th):
- December: Schools closed: Friday (18th) through Monday, January (3rd) 2021
School opens, Monday (3rd).
- I-20 students are entitled to 1 week vacation for each three months in attendance.
- There is a mandatory attendance requirement of 18 hours per week, Monday through Thursday.
- Students have the option of attending one of the following programs: 8am-12:30pm or 6pm-10:30pm.
- Any unexcused absence must be made up hour for hour on Friday, 9am-1:30pm of the same week.
- Language Exchange has a rolling enrollment. New Students may begin class on any Monday during the school year.
- Language Exchange operates on a 12 month basis. Each ESL course requires 16 weeks of study.
- The ESL program provides studies in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking taught daily.
- Students are placed into a Course Level based upon the results of a Placement Test taken after registration. The Placement Test is available on Monday thru Thursday between 10:00am and 4pm. If these times and days are inconvenient, every effort is made to accommodate the student. Please call the Registrar for an appointment.
- Language Exchange provides the following ESL levels: Introduction, Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6a and 6b.
Academic Calendar – Trimesters
Trimester Start End
1st: January 7 April 30
2nd: May 4 August 21
3rd: August 24 December 18