COVID-19 Special Announcement:
Language Exchange has been providing on-line classes since the Social Distancing order was put into place. As of August 24, 2020, the school will continue with a program of both on-line and in-school classes. Students will have classes two days a week in-class and two days a week on-line classes. All Classrooms have been expanded to accommodate 50% of the student-body, with ALL social distancing rules in place.
The 2020 School Calendar is published for the period January 2020 through January, 2021. Unscheduled closings are due to weather conditions. When such events occur, students are notified by a voice message and a text message via their cell-phone.
- January: School opens, Monday (7th): Closed, Monday (20th):
- February: Closed, Monday (17th):
- March: School closed for Spring Break: (Monday 23rd) through (Friday 27th):
- April: No closings::
- May: School closed Monday (25th):
- June: No closings:
- July: Closed, Thursday (4th):
- August: No closings:
- September: Closed Monday (7th)
- October: No Closings:
- November: Schools closed: Monday (11th), Wednesday (25th)through Friday (27th):
- December: Schools closed: Friday (18th) through Monday, January (3rd) 2021
School opens, Monday (3rd).
- I-20 students are entitled to 1 week vacation for each three months in attendance.
- There is a mandatory attendance requirement of 18 hours per week, Monday through Thursday.
- Students have the option of attending one of the following programs: 8am-12:30pm or 6pm-10:30pm.
- Any unexcused absence must be made up hour for hour on Friday, 9am-1:30pm of the same week.
- Language Exchange has a rolling enrollment. New Students may begin class on any Monday during the school year.
- Language Exchange operates on a 12 month basis. Each ESL course requires 16 weeks of study.
- The ESL program provides studies in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking taught daily.
- Students are placed into a Course Level based upon the results of a Placement Test taken after registration. The Placement Test is available on Monday thru Thursday between 10:00am and 4pm. If these times and days are inconvenient, every effort is made to accommodate the student. Please call the Registrar for an appointment.
- Language Exchange provides the following ESL levels: Introduction, Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6a and 6b.
Academic Calendar – Trimesters
Trimester Start End
1st: January 7 April 30
2nd: May 4 August 21
3rd: August 24 December 18